And this happens quite often. [caption id="attachment_5526" align="aligncenter" width="580" caption="EURUSD, 5 min"][/caption] There are a few choices to minimize your risks in times like these:
- Stay on the sideline until the dust settled.
- Target higher time frames with larger stops and smaller positions.
- Partner up with someone from another timezone.
- Set a trailing stop.
- Set alerts to wake you up on extraordinary events.
- Use a position management bot.
I opted for #6. What about you? The picture is worse in equities as you are locked in your positions overnight. [caption id="attachment_5527" align="aligncenter" width="580" caption="S&P500 ETF"][/caption]